TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All training techniques carried out by My Dog-Sussex are kind, fair and reward based.
- Class and workshop sizes are a maximum of 6 to 8 dogs per trainer and other training or behaviour cases are taken on a 1:1 basis.
- Classes and workshops are designed to be fun and rewarding for both dog and the handler but in the interest of safety, responsibility and welfare it is important that the following terms and conditions are noted.
- The family can attend but all children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult other than the main handler of the dog.
- Safety is the responsibility of EVERYONE and owners must take full responsibility for themselves, their dogs, children and property.
General terms and conditions:
- When attending our training classes or workshops you commit yourself to dog friendly training and science based methods.
- Harsh handling is not permitted and any tutor has the right to ask a handler to leave if they refuse the advice regarding this.
- We expect all dogs to wear a normal flat collar or harness and 3ft lead. Choke chains, check chains, prong collars, punitive methods and manhandling are not allowed.
- Dogs are to be kept on a lead in and around our training venues unless specifically requested by the trainer. All dogs must be kept under control and on a lead.
- We expect payment in full before the start of each course of classes or workshops.
- We regret refunds are not available apart from in exceptional circumstances.
- It is My Dog-Sussex’s Instructor’s discretion to terminate an owner’s place in a class if the owner does not pay or displays unacceptable behaviour towards other owners, dogs or trainers.
- We take a non-refundable deposit of £50 on the booking of a behaviour consultation to confirm the booking. Remainder of the payment is due on the day of the consultation.
Cancellation of behaviour consultation, 121 appointments, classes or workshops:
- If you are unable to attend your class then unfortunately we cannot waver the fees for the lessons you miss. In the unlikely event of the training session being cancelled by My Dog-Sussex a catch up lesson will be given in return.
- If you cancel your behaviour consultation appointment a week before the consultation is supposed to happen there is a mandatory £20 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your behaviour consultation appointment 24 hours or less before the consultation is due to take place there is a mandatory £50 cancellation fee (your non-refundable deposit).
- We do not take a deposit on the booking of a 1:1 ‘Training’ appointment and work in good faith. If you cancel your 1:1 appointment a week before the consultation is supposed to happen you are obliged to pay a cancellation fee of £10.
- If you cancel your 121 appointment 24 hours or less before the 1:1 ’Training’ session is due to take place you are obliged to pay a cancellation fee of £20.
- Occasionally, there are no solutions for extreme behaviour issues and we have to recommend that the kindest outcome is to put your dog to sleep. Regrettably this does sometimes happen but we would still have to charge you for any work and reports undertaken.
All dogs attending class should be fully vaccinated. Please do not bring your dog to class if he or she has been coughing, vomiting or has diarrhoea. If you are unsure whether or not to bring your dog to class or attending a 1:1 training session or behaviour consult please do not hesitate to call me and/or speak with your veterinary surgeon.
Please visit our website for all our policies, including privacy: www.mydog-sussex.co.uk
If you have further questions or if you wish to make a complaint please contact Jo Crawford, My Dog-Sussex, either via email: [email protected], or phone: 07716 880783
Jo Crawford/My Dog Sussex treats the privacy of their clients (hereinafter referred to as the ‘data subject’) very seriously and takes appropriate security measures to safeguard privacy and protect and manage any personal data provided by data subjects.
How we obtain your personal data: You provide us with personal data from a questionnaire/consultation either online, written, email or the telephone. This includes name, address, email address, and telephone numbers. It also includes details of your dog, cat or other animal, including details of its age, gender, breed and training/behaviour issues. Further personal data may be obtained before, during and after the consultation procedure.
How we use your personal data: Data subjects’ personal data will be used specifically to analyse and evaluate an individualised training programme best suited to the needs of the data subject’s dog, cat or other animal, consistent with a duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)* We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data in storage. *The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ico.org.uk may be contacted with any GDPR queries.
We do: respect your privacy and work hard to meet strict regulatory requirements.
We do not: sell your personal data to any 3rd party.
The General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR (May 2018) recognises there is a need to protect and to give the user greater control over personal data. The rights of the individual include:
Right to be informed: Why information is needed and how it will be used.
Right of subject access: You can request the personal data held.
Right to rectification: You can have any incomplete personal data completed, but please note that if any information is factually wrong then changing records of personal data will be falsification.
Right to erasure: You shall have the right to obtain from Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex erasure of personal data if you have withdrawn from further provision of service from the practitioner.
Right to restrict processing: You can obtain your retained data from Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex in the following circumstances:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you and will be restricted until the accuracy of the data has been verified.
- Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of provision of services, but it is required by you for legal claims.
Right to data portability: You will be able to receive your personal data in a commonly used format and have the right to transmit this data to another.
Right to object: Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex should not have cause to process personal data.
Rights in relation to automated decision making: Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex does not carry out automated processing